Monday, May 10, 2010

Time to Pray!

Hi everyone! My name is Kirsten McLaughlin and I have been involved at Grace Chapel for 5 years, serving in the middle school ministry as well as on the drama team.


A couple of months ago, I shared with some of the pastors my excitement about the idea of starting a campus in Reading, MA. I knew this would be a huge step of faith, a way to trust in God’s provision, and a time where God could use our weaknesses and uncertainties to display his power! I told them that I had no idea how I could contribute, except through prayer. Since that time, I have been committed to praying for the development and unfolding of Grace Chapel’s vision; asking for humility, boldness, a group of people to be raised up as leaders in this endeavor, and most importantly, that GOD WILL BE GLORIFIED.

In the months to come, I would like to encourage you to faithfully join me in praying for our leaders and our church. My hope is to share specific ways we can be prayerful, moving forward in this “New Day of Grace”. Not only will we read of ways we need to seek the Lord, but I anticipate great joy in seeing God answer- displaying his faithfulness and goodness.

Let’s remember and put into action Paul’s words in Philippians 4:6-7:

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”.

- Kirsten McLaughlin

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten,

    Tom and I are so thrilled that the first "volunteer" for the Reading Area Campus was someone who wanted to help us lay the foundation of prayer! We are thrilled because we recognize, as you do, that we are totally dependent on Him for the development and success of this new campus. Thank you so much for your heart for prayer and for stepping out in faith to help us to focus our attention on the One who gives wisdom, direction and strength.

    May God bless your efforts and all of our prayers,

    Richard Rhodes
    Pastor of Outreach and New Campuses
    Grace Chapel
    Lexington, Ma

    ReplyDelete